Clay Aiken--Perfect Day

Well, I'm not sure why, but this song kinda has me hooked. The other thing that has me weirded out is that I really am primarily an 80's listener, but many of these songs are not 80's. Anyway, near as I can tell, Clay Aiken is mostly an adult contemporary artist. Nearest 80's comparisons I can make are Phil Collins and Christopher Cross (Yes, Chris Cross. Just had to make that extra clear). Adult contemporary is basically targeted towards 30's and up (and it's hard to believe I listen to anything that fit's there), though Clay Aiken also is supposedly a teen audience (where I fit as well as the adult contemporary). Here are the lyrics as I understand them.

I was fading last night
Lost out in the cold
Couldn't see the light
Then she opened up the door
I came in from the dark
Fell into her arms
Just in time
Now I know that I
Left the past behind
Well let it go

CHORUS
You could tell me tonight
That maybe the world world end
That the sun wouldn't rise
And it was gonna rain again
Just as long as she's in my arms
It's gonna be perfect day

There's a look in her eyes
Makes me feel alright
Lights the perfect sky
That I couldn't see before
And she helped me to find
Now that I've seen her shine
I know I'll never be alone
Cuz now I know that I
Love I can't deny
Well let it go

CHORUS

Think I lost you in another life
Part of me that I left behind
I walked the world without you
And now I know that I
Have put the past behind
I let it go

CHORUS, etc.

I was disappointed, because until I listened closely I assumed it was: Just as long as your here in my heart. There's a chance also that it could be: In my eyes. Clay wasn't overly picky about his enunciation on this song I feel. Anyway, I started this post on Tuesday, and it's been a while since a got anything up, so I felt I should forge ahead with this, and next one should be something I have more to say about. Sorry, but I couldn't find any youtube video's of this one I was crazy about.

Perfect Day
Measure Of A Man
Measure Of A Man

Comments