Song on the Radio

So, one song I should have done long ago is Al Stewart's Song on the Radio.  Interestingly enough I actually heard him on the radio the other day.  Only it wasn't Song on the Radio, it was Year of the Cat, which is another great song.  I don't blame you if you haven't heard of him.  But be sure to look him up, because he's got some good stuff.

Lately I've gone on a couple of Eddie Money kicks.  After the first one I had a song stuck in my head that I had pretty much refused to listen to:  The Love In Your Eyes.  Normally when I'm into Eddie Money, I'm thinking Two Tickets to Paradise and Take Me Home Tonight.  Not this time.

If any song truly deserves a review after this semester, it's this one, Van Halen's Why Can't This Be Love.  Great synthesizer (which I'm not always so crazy about) that drives the song.  I'm not sure that there's an official music video, but there are a number of recordings on Youtube.

Another great one is The Contours' Do You Love Me.  Great song.  At one point I know I had a stuffed animal of some sort that played this song when I pressed its button.  I love those things.  I heard the song, remembered the toy, and bought the song.  Do you love me now that I can dance?  Not that I can, of course :)

Last night I saw the Goofy Movie, which as those who know me might attest, may very well be my favorite movie of all time.  But I say similar about a number of movies.  How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?  Honestly, I think they should do a spin-off movie about Powerline.  He got some great songs in there, 121 and Stand Out Rocks.  After Today, On the Open Road, and Nobody Else but You also are great numbers, albeit not from Powerline.

I also saw Ninja Turtles 2 yesterday, another great movie, as well as the better part of the original Star Wars Trilogy.  It's a miracle I got anything done yesterday, but I did.

Our token Def Leppard tune of the week is . . . Paper Sun.  Been diggin' that song lately too.  Also I love Rod Stewart's You're in My Heart, the incremental layering he does on the choruses, using overdubs to harmonize with himself.  Great, great song.  Also, It's Only Love by Steve Perry.

Goodbye broken pile of wood!  :)

Comments

  1. I love love love that you talked about A Goofy Movie in your blog. I freaking love that movie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment