Bon Jovi--Bad Medicine

I remember once saying that to understand me you'd have to understand walking around the USU campus with this song on endless repeat at near max volume. It's that kind of behavior that had this song long atop the most played list (at least before the days of All I Need Is A Miracle). Even now, when it's been shunted further off the top by 38 Special's Hold on Loosely, it still probably deserves better. Which it will get, if only because while writing this article I'm listening to it on guess what? Endless repeat :) (I do this all the time actually, for example while on the All I Need Is a Miracle article the play count jumped from 67 to 71.). It's actually probably this song that started to shift my taste a little bit from 80's arena rock and AOR to, well, 80's pop/glam/hair metal. What really started it was living in Logan. As anyone there can tell you, sometimes the radio up there is a little spotty. So naturally I got somewhat distressed by 103.5 the Arrow cutting in and out and sometimes hearing two songs on the same station at the same time and so on. My friend and at the time roommate Laken suggested to me a local classic rock station (I don't remember the frequency right now, I got tired of the station after a year or so). Anyway, I'm sure that I first heard this song on that station, and needless to say, eventually I was hooked. I find the verses to be clever, and the chorus to be addicting. Now I find Jon Bon Jovi somewhat disturbing, but the video is worth watching for the shot of the keyboardists face as he sings the chorus. Shout at the end isn't too bad either :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuZpI30HX3Y
While I was looking for that video, I stumbled upon the old 80's music video. This is these guys in their prime and in their element. You'll see :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOUtsybozjg

Cross Road
New Jersey

Comments

  1. I found this comment on the 80's video

    Mr. Spock as Bon Jovi:
    Your affection is equivalent to harmful medication.
    Harmful medication is that which I require.
    Agitate it in a fashion similar to harmful medication.
    There is no physician who is capable of alleviating my affliction.

    Pretty clever right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment