Children of Bodom--Hate Me!

Last summer, I dug out every CD in the house I could find and ripped them to my computer to expand my iTunes collection. This included three discs of my older brothers' which were part of a compilation called 20 Years of Nuclear Blast. The other day at work, as is my habit, I had my iPod on shuffle at near max volume (to compete with sound of the engines so I could actually hear it. Yes I'm probably partially deaf by now. Whatever :), and this song came on. I've heard other tracks from the compilation, but this was the first one that I could really get into. I really understand head banging now. This song is true metal, incredible guitar and effects, and the vocals! The vocals! The singer is truly incomprehensible most of the time. His voice is constantly at a guttural growl, or a primal scream. The best part though, is that nearly pristine (a dark pristine) instrumental parts are reduced to static by my headphones while listening at such high volume. Metal! Yeah! ;)

Follow the Reaper

20 Years of Nuclear Blast

Comments

  1. I didn't realize you liked metal so much, Harrison. Or "truly incomprehensible" singers with "guttural growl"s and "primal scream"s. Neither did I realize that you would ever make a smiley face, much less a winking smiley face. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment