Lou Gramm--Midnight Blue

Lou Gramm is best known as the singer for 80's arena/corporate rock band Foreigner. Ultimately however, I feel this song is the best work he ever did. Just an absolutely rockin' song, deserving of listen after listen. The video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cRdgIZgobs

ain't got no regrets
I ain't losin' track of
which way I'm going
I ain't gonna double back no
don't want a misplay
put on no display
an angel, no
but I know my way
I used to follow
yeah that's true
but my followin' day's are over
now I just gotta follow through
I remember what my father said
he said, life is simple
through the cherry red
and the midnight blue, oh-oh
midnight blue oh-oh

you were the restless one
and you did not care that
I was the troubled boy
lookin' for a double dare
I won't apologize
for the things I've done and said
but when I win your heart
I'm gonna paint it cherry red
don't wanna talk about it
what you do to me
I can't live without it
and you might think it's
much too soon for us to go this far

CHORUS

things could be different
that'd be a shame
cuz I'm the one who can feel the sun
right in the pouring rain
I won't say when
and I don't know when
but soon there's gonna come a day
baby when I'll be back again
yeah, I'll be back for you
see I've been saving up my love

Comments