MGMT--Electric Feel

MGMT? What? I know, I've had various outspoken issues with the sound of the group, specifically with 2008's Oracular Spectacular. I think it's hard not to admit that the sound takes some adjusting to. With that said, note that I'm leaving the previous trend of top played songs for one that has only received 5 play's. So what brought about this sudden change in policy? Well, last night when watching the 80's video of Bad Medicine I discovered an interesting "related" video, namely MGMT's 2010 song It's Working (song seems almost normal). From there I naturally enough found my way to Electric Feel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmZexg8sxyk&feature=channel

One of the reasons I have any MGMT is that I eventually adapted to the sound, but well, put it this way, one of the comments of the video says the song is a late seventies, early eighties throwback, and I can see how someone might think that (I disagree though). I think it is a throwback in the sense that this song (and the group) has an energy to it that I rarely hear in current music.
Electric Feel

Comments