Mike and the Mechanics--All I Need is a Miracle

As I was wondering which song to do next, I inevitably scrolled down the list of songs, which I have organized so the most played is at the bottom, and found my most played song. Now it's been a while since I plugged in my iPod and had it sync with iTunes, but All I Need is a Miracle is easily the most listened to song, and one of the more recently added too. No other song has even 50 listens (though some are close), but this one has nearly 70. The foundation of this being my favorite song goes back to when I was 16 or 17 (I know, so far back), and I was working as a substitute sweeper at PJHS (I did love that place. I went back on Fridays for early morning basketball all through high school), anyway this is the song that would propel me through my work there when I was behind and needed to get a lot done quick (in some respects this song has been replaced in that function by Foreigner's song Urgent). This was long before I had an iPod, so the song was likely going in my head, or even sung aloud. Just that chorus, over and over. Anyway, a couple of months ago I got one of those urges that I have to have that song or book (Good examples are when I just have to have the latest Discworld novel, or when I got the Def Leppard song Photograph stuck in my head, and just needed to get it), and I had to have this song. So I looked it up and got it. In many respects though, my favorite part is the old music video. 80's MTV is the best! (A similar music video to this one is I Wish It Would Rain Down by Phil Collins) The music video has the band playing in an empty bar. The band manager tries to get payment from the bar management, but instead is informed that they owe the bar money because the place is so empty! So to avoid losing the bands equipment, up to the guitarists right arm, the manager spends most of the over 5 minute long song coming up with some cash. See the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAMLa5ZC-B4 . Anyway, this song is a true gem of the Mike Rutherford (Genesis) side project.

Hits

Comments

  1. I also found a decent cover of this song by Phil Collins and Eric Clapton.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji3tLQaeDfI&feature=related

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment