Alannah Miles--Black Velvet

I mentioned that my only two "true" playlists (I have many more, that I consider disqualified for various reasons) served as the soundtracks for my last two semesters at USU. Well, secretly I've been working on another, if only in the back of my mind (actually I have a three disc album concept that I've been working on since last semester), that would be the soundtrack to this summer. Guess what? This song makes the cut. It just happens to be the most played song of 1989 or something. The beat of this song is entrancing, intoxicating, and well, I love her voice too.

Anyway, this song comes courtesy of the Ultimate Rock Ballads collection (see some previous post to see where that came from). But what really introduced me to the song . . . . Okay, at this point, I have a confession to make. I have been cheating on . . . 103.5, The Arrow. Don't get me wrong, I still love the station, but I've found another. And I don't even have Logan's disruptions of the radio signals to blame. What I mean to say is, I heard this the other day on 94.1, Utah's Oldies (okay I don't no what the station's really called, but it play's older Classic Rock than the Arrow, only under the guys of Oldies).

Comments