The Times They Are A Changing

If you can't tell, I've made a few changes around here.  The title, for one thing.  Linking the site to my twitter feed, which likely as not is going to be forgotten here shortly (I actually find twitter an easy way to keep up with the news interestingly enough).  Linking twitter to my youtube account.  That was weird, there was only so long I could stand to have everything I did on youtube posted to twitter, as amusing as I found it at first.  I tried linking my pandora account here too, but there's no direct gadget from pandora to blogger that I could find, and the pandora generated ones generated html, which for me is useless.  I don't know where to tag the code in.  Anyway, I tried a blog description up top too, but that just looked stupid.  It read:  "An Exploration of Discovery.  From music, to books, to whatever else I want to say.  The music is an ongoing compilation of songs for different playlists.  The books are likely whatever I've recently read.  All of it, for better or worse, is about me."  I also added my older brother to the blog as a contributor, as you may have already noticed.

So, I was wondering when Josh would first honor the blog with a post, and I had a feeling tonight when I logged in to blogger that he'd have one up.  I wasn't disappointed.  And yes, that probably is a good deal of the motivation for this post, because in case you haven't noticed, I haven't posted for nearly two weeks (since I completed The Way Of Kings and posted about it).  No, I haven't been slacking on my blogging habit.  I've just been working on a rather large post.  It's actually probably ready to go, but I want to go through and add amazon associates links throughout (for all the good it's done, I haven't contributed to a single sell) and to youtube music video's.  And I would like to add more to it, but with the post drought it's probably best to post and move on.  Plus I'll have you all hanging on for more.  What other songs will be added to the playlist? What has Harrison been listening to?  I'm sure you're all waiting with baited breath (I really should be studying).

My incredible egotism brings me to my next point.  I probably a have a LeBron James post in me (I really shouldn't give that guy anymore attention than he already gets), as well as a Chris Heimerdinger one (I have read Sorcerers and Seers), in addition I may have a Terry Pratchett post (I Shall Wear Midnight is at home waiting for me.  I can feel it, calling me.  I can imagine it, beckoning me.  Okay, enough of the creepy imagery).  After those and completion of blogs for the fall2010 playlist (I should probably get on naming that) I will try and go back and do posts of the two playlists I completed before I started the blog.  Of course this is all contingent on me finding the time to do so.  School's killing me (I should manage my time better) works killing me, and I do like to get out and pretend I have a life sometimes too.

Oh, and did you catch the Bob Dylan reference.  Just to make it so obvious (like you didn't get it already).  Mmm, I might have to get myself some Bing Crosby . . . (JUST POST ALREADY!  So sidetracked, sorry.  It's a miracle I'm doing so well in my classes so far)

Comments