Iron Man 2

So, today I finally saw Iron Man 2 for the first time.  Since this wouldn't be my blog if I didn't just completely disregard my topic I will now talk about something completely different:  Me.  So, have I mentioned how much I love being in a music theory class again?  I really do.  Its been five years since I took AP music theory as a senior.  I amazed to find that most of what we have covered in class so far I still remember.  It's great.  I'm also doing better this time around at hearing intervals, mostly because I have someone to practice with, and so I do.  I still struggle with at least half of them though.  I kinda miss learning guitar techniques though, for that is what I'm taking:  Fingerboard Theory, or music theory so it makes sense to guitar players.  Its still absolutely fantastic though.

Have I deviated enough?  I hope so.  On to Iron Man.  I was at the plasma center, innocently planning to study, as is my habit, when my attention was caught by the movie on display.  You guessed it.  It was Iron Man 2, which, as I previously mentioned, I hadn't seen before.  It wasn't long before I gave up trying to divide my attention, and focused on the movie.  The only issue?  Sound.  They keep it down there, and it's just not the same with captions.  By some fortuitous circumstance my mom happened to rent it tonight when I came home (I had nothing to do with it at all, promise.  Okay, I lied.)  Much better with sound, not to mention that I actually saw the beginning (I was hoping for more explanation of his blood toxicity than I'd seen at first, but I guess that was it.), and the fight scene on the race track, which I'd completely missed the first time.  Also, I'm very glad that they didn't choose to play exclusively AC/DC throughout, as I can barely stand listening to two songs of theirs in the same day.  Overall, I really liked it, much better than the original, which I very much felt was over-hyped (kinda like the Star Trek reboot).

Sorry all that I skipped out of music.  Truth be told I haven't been "discovering" much new music these days, mostly hanging back around in my favorite 80's arena rock.  It's been great.  Boston, Foreigner, Journey, Steve Perry, REO Speedwagon.  Check them out and you'll know just what I'm talking about.  Mostly this was just to get something new up, and Iron Man was convenient.

Comments