Star Trek

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the past few months I have seen all but three of the Star Trek movies.  I love the Star Trek films, but I've never seen the show.  I watched them in a strange order.  I started with Star Trek VI:  The Undiscovered Country, and then went on chronologically to Generations and First Contact.  Then The Wizzard intervened before I could go on to Insurrection and inserted Star Trek II:  The Wrath of Khan, which was much better than I remembered it being.  From there I went back and started with The Motion Picture, which was also better than I remembered.  Just a word of warning.  The original Star Trek film must only be watched with the knowledge that before Kirk ever steps on the enterprise you must endure a fifteen minute docking sequence.  If you're just prepared for that I think the rest of the movie can pass enjoyably.  I then moved on to The Search for Spock.  I then skipped The Voyage Home, which is truly one of the best Star Trek films honestly.  I did it because I knew the rest of family would want to watch it too.  Needless to say, it hasn't happened yet. I also watched The Final Frontier, which aside from being incredibly ridiculous, is remarkably quotable. "Row, Row, Row your boat."

NOTE: This post prepared over a year ago. Still haven't watched The Voyage Home.

Comments