BLOG20120419


So, I’m staying up, listening to an extended mix of Higher Love, and I realize, as long as I’m up I might as well blog. Especially since I clearly have no intention of doing my homework at the moment. So, here I go on to my favorite topic: Me pretending I’m talking about things that are not me.

So most of my dedicated readers will probably be familiar with Rick Riordan, and if you aren’t, I have no idea why you’d ever read anything I write. Because I love Rick Riordan. Okay, maybe love is the wrong word. Did I mention in my last post that I’d stumbled on his debut novel at the library a few weeks ago? Well I did. Stumble on the book I did. Maybe not literally. I’ll explain myself. Eventually. Once I’m done rambling.

The way my incredibly boring story goes is I was looking in the mystery section for the second Kathy Reichs novel. And of course nearby is Rick Riordans section of mystery novels. You know—the books he wrote and published before becoming a very successful YA fantasy novel author. Those are great too. I mean, Percy Jackson is great. I loved The Lost Hero too. But here’s a confession for ya: I have read none of the Kane chronicles, and have yet to pick up The Son of Neptune. I’ve been busy (Also, I have somehow neglected to blog about Chris D’Lacey).  Anyway, by sheer luck I managed to pick up his first novel on my first try. And it’s good. So is his third (the library doesn’t have his second so I had to skip). Rick Riordan is a rare kind of author my imaginary friends.

Now for sharing time. Just because I can. The second grade class I’ve been with (and will miss. Last day today) has been working on limericks. Theirs are better than mine, but here a few of my attempts.

This is a limerick about dirt.
It’s so boring it makes me hurt.
If I should laugh,
Or get sawn in half,
At least I don’t live in a yurt.

After Hulk Smash
Joker takes out the trash.
BANG!! POW!!
BOOM!! OW!!
Don’t do anything rash.

A boy who liked to read
Was consumed with endless greed.
He sat on the sofa,
Ate at Formosa,
And satisfied his need.

Comments