The Summer Playlist

I took some time today and tried to pick out some songs that I thought should make it to this summer's soundtrack. We've got (order given):

7)Whole Lotta Love/Boogie Chillun/Let's Have a Party/Hello Marylou/Going--Led Zeppelin
2)Brother's Keeper--Firewind
8)Miracles--Jefferson Starship
9)Rhapsody in Blue--Saint Louis Symphony (composed by George Gershwin)
3)Still Rainin'--Johnny Lang
4)In This River--Black Label Society
5)Both Sides of the Story--Phil Collins
17)I Want to Break Free--Queen
16)Black Velvet--Alannah Myles
10)When the Children Cry--White Lion
18)Warmness on the Soul (Album Version)--Avenged Sevenfold
15)Perfect Day--Clay Aiken
14)Angels--David Archuleta
13)Electric Feel--MGMT
12)The Game of Love--Santana & Santana featuring Michele Branch
19)Homeward Bound--Mormon Tabernacle Choir
11)Hate Me!--Children of Bodom
1)Christie Lee [Demo]

By my count that's 19 tracks (those 19 tracks cover nearly 2 hours, the shortest track is Miracles, the longest Whole Lotta Love etc., plus there's the nearly 18 minute Rhapsody in Blue). Admittedly some of these are definitely filler, but I'm okay with that. The BESTOFTHEREST playlist in particular is full of filler, and it's a good 30 tracks. With that said, every song on here is here for a reason, even if it's just that I heard it today and thought it was pretty good. The order I have written them on here was random, and the actual track order was further randomized by the fact that I barely referenced it when inputing the songs into iTunes. Anyway, further posts are required to justify my choices (which little hint towards my current trends towards variously, metal, bluegrass, soul, singer-songwriter. iTunes can't keep up with my habits--I don't have too much of any of those yet). It is also interesting to note that this list completely omits both Journey and Def Leppard, arguably my two favorite bands.

NOTE: I have added two tracks

20)My Grandfather's Clock--Grandpa Jones
21)Summer Breeze (Live)--The Isley Brothers

PS after all that I forgot to mention what I called the list. Originally I labeled it FLYINGFREE. However, the true name jumped out to me and it's now FORYOU.

EDIT: I have added token Journey, and Def Leppard tracks. Message of Love, and Mirror, Mirror.

Comments